Monday, March 25, 2013
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. Yes, it is spring. But it appears the snow just won't go away. The National Weather Service says there is a 30 percent chance of daytime snow and rain and a 70 percent chance of nighttime snow. The expected daytime high is 42 and nighttime low is 29. 2. Tonight marks the first night of the Jewish holiday Passover. Go here to see what Passover is all about. Go here for some holiday recipes. 3. Help your child improve his/her baseball fundamentals with a skills and drills session tonight at Bartek Recreation Center (81 Pine St. in Attleboro). The cost is $1 and the sessions will take place from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. for children ages 5 to 8 and 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. for children ages 9 to 12. This is the final night of the program, so be sure not …
Friday, March 22, 2013
The forecast calls for sunshine through Sunday.
Don't spend the whole weekend inside watching the college basketball tournament, or else you will miss some good weather. The forecasters aren't promising high temperatures, but no snow and plenty of sunshine are expected. The National Weather Service's weekend forecast calls for partly sunny skies Friday and sunny skies Saturday and Sunday. The daytime highs are expected to be 41 (Friday), 42 (Saturday) and 45 (Sunday). The nighttime lows are expected to be 24 (Friday), 27 (Saturday) and 29 (Sunday). Unfortunately, we can't promise winter is totally finished. The forecast for Monday night calls for a 30 percent chance of rain and snow.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
They will open two hours late.
It's not a full day off, but Attleboro's youth can sleep in a little bit this morning due to the snowfall than began last night. The Attleboro Public Schools will open two hours late, the school district announced on its website. A mixture of snow and rain is expected to continue throughout the morning and early afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. After 4 p.m., it will just be rain. The daytime high is expected to be 40 degrees. There is a "chance" (no percentage released, perhaps a lack of confidence?) of evening rain and flurries, the NWS says. Drizzle and flurries are possible from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. The rest of the nighttime forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies with a low near 23. No precipitation is expected tomorrow…
Monday, March 18, 2013
Two to four inches of snow could accumulate, according to the National Weather Service.
Spring does not begin until Wednesday, and just in case you need a reminder this is still winter, Mother Nature has planned a snow and sleet event that is expected to begin tonight and last through Tuesday. Two to four inches of snow could accumulate from the storm, according to the National Weather Service, which has issued a winter weather advisory that will be in effect from 9 p.m. to tomorrow at 11 a.m. There is an 80 percent chance of snow late tonight. The National Weather Service's Tuesday forecast calls for a 100 percent chance of precipitation. What is expected to begin as snow will turn to snow, sleet and rain by early Tuesday morning. After 10 a.m., it should be pure rain falling from the sky. There is a 40 percent chance of …
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Sunshine is on the agenda for Saturday, but it could snow again Tuesday night and Wednesday.
After a couple days of varying amounts of snow (depending on what part of the city you reside), Attleboro will welcome sunny skies Saturday. But the dry weather is probably only temporary, the National Weather Service reports. It is expected to rain Tuesday, and snow could follow Tuesday night and Wednesday. Here is the forecast for the next several days as of 4 a.m. Saturday:
Monday, February 25, 2013
No precipitation is in the Monday forecast, but the situation is expected to change beginning Tuesday night.
That massive weekend snowstorm some experts were predicting never came, but some snow and rain has fallen on Attleboro in recent days. You are probably ready for a dry day. Lucky for you that day is today, but don't get too comfortable because snow and rain are expected the rest of the week. The National Weather Service's forecast for Monday calls for mostly cloudy skies during the day and at night. The predicted daytime high is 39 and nighttime low is 24. But the sky is expected to open again Tuesday night, with the NWS saying there is an 80 percent chance of snow and/or sleet. This will begin a streak of snow and/or rain days, lasting through Friday night. The forecast includes the following: Saturday and Sunday are expected to be partly…
Friday, February 22, 2013
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. Yes, there will be snow this weekend. No, it will not be a foot of snow as some forecasters had predicted earlier this week. Accuweather's website says Attleboro should expect three to six inches of snow accumulation by Sunday afternoon. Here is a look at the National Weather Service's weekend forecast as of early Friday morning: 2. The city's Winter Night Festival will take place Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Downtown Attleboro. The event will feature lots of activities, entertainment and items for sale. Go here for more details. 3. The festive Jewish holiday Purim begins Saturday at sundown. Congregation Agudas Achim will celebrate with two events taking place at the synagogue, which is located at 901 North Main St. A vegetarian …
Thursday, February 21, 2013
It's early, so precise details are uncertain.
Thursday, February 21
It appears Attleboro residents should be bracing for another weekend of snowfall. How much snow and whether there will be rain in the mixture remains uncertain. The forecast is frequently changing. Mid-day Wednesday, the National Weather Service's website stated Attleboro should expect "heavy" snow. By Thursday morning, it no longer said that, and mentioned that rain and snow are "likely" Saturday night and that Sunday should include "rain and snow, becoming all snow after noon." Here is what the weekend forecast is as of Thursday at 6 a.m. Saturday - A chance of snow before 5 p.m., then rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Light northeast wind becoming east 5 mph to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is …
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Up to two feet of snow could fall in Attleboro.
5 p.m. UPDATE The National Weather Service canceled the Winter Storm Watch and issued a Blizzard Watch for Attleboro as well as much of Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island that will be in effect from Friday morning to Saturday afternoon. Up to two feet of snow is expected in what the National Weather Service is calling "a potential historic winter storm and blizzard." "A Blizzard Watch means there is a potential for considerable falling and/or blowing snow with sustained winds or frequent gusts over 35 mph and visibilities below 1/4 mile for at least three hours," the National Weather Service's website states. "White-out conditions will be possible, making travel very dangerous. Be prepared to alter any travel plans." Light snow is …
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
The crash is on the southbound side of the highway between exits 2 and 3.
Wednesday, January 16
A vehicle crash on southbound I-95 in Attleboro has caused a delay on the highway, according to CBS Boston radio. The crash was reported at 6:16 a.m. Do you know about other traffic delays or other winter weather-caused problems in Attleboro or Seekonk? Tell us about them in the comment section below.