Swanton's Furniture & Gifts
Swanton's Furniture is a small private business that sells furniture and small gifts.
The store has been at 127 Lindsey St. since 1952. Sandy and John "Jack" Siddall have owned the store since 1973 and have been providing Attleboro residents and surrounding communities with country, colonial and traditional furniture and gifts.
The store boasts that most of its furniture and all of its upholstry is made in the USA.
Sandy and Jack provide customers with one-on-one design and decorating advice with a personal touch. Sandy has been known to sit with customers for hours to help them decide just what pieces of furniture will fit their needs.
Swanton's continues that personal touch outside the store too by personally checking items before the items leave the store and personally deliver the furniture into peoples' homes.
For those who can not visit Swanton's during its business hours, the store also offers evening appointments.
- Hours: Wed.- Fri, 10am - 3 pm; Sat, 10am - 2pm; Sun. - Mon., Tue. closed; Open evenings by appointment only.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1952
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Living room, occasional end tables, coffee tables, TV stands, dinette sets, lamps, toy boxes, wall decor, framed prints, pictures and shelves etc.
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: It is still a small town even though we are a city with 40,000 plus people. It is a very strong middle-class community. We have a diversified base of industry.
- What are some tips to keep in mind when decorating?: Pick out the right fabric and right styles to match the rooms.
- Interior design: Yes
- Home furnishing brands: Ort reclyners and sofas, Lancer upholstery and Keystone made by the Amish.