Bishop Feehan High School
Bishop Feehan High School is a private Roman Catholic high school in Attleboro. Feehan's mission is to provide an education that encompasses three factors which are representative of the shamrock: sanctity, sportsmanship and scholarship. The high school is located on more than 40 acres and boasts 62 classrooms, four computer labs, four science labs, two computer classrooms, fine arts center, band room, gymnasium, auditorium, weight training rooms, chapel, campus ministry center and language lab. Feehan has a high success rate for secondary education. A total of 98 percent of graduates move on to four-year colleges and 2 percent enter two-year college programs.
- Hours: School hours: 7:40am - 2:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available and a ramp is located at the back of the building.
- Founding Date: 1961
- Number of students: 1,200
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 120plus
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Bishop Feehan's student are expected to complete a minimum of 20 hours in Christian services each academic year during their freshman, sophomore and junior years. Students must create and submit a portfolio of thier service.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, calculus, chemistry, physics, english, US history, government, psychology, art, Spanish, French and statistics.
- Extracurricular activities available: There are more than two dozen clubs at BFHS.
- Student clubs: Band; fencing; mathematics; National Honor Societies; newspaper; peer ministry;student council;Students Against Drunk Driving ;yearbook;debate team;drama; environmental awareness; fashion; ice skating; and literary magazine
- Sports teams: cross country, lacrosse (boys/girls), soccer, girls volleyball, football, swimming, indoor track, hockey, basketball, outdoor track, tennis, golf, baseball and softball.