Now is the time to sign up for the fun and excitement of Cub Scouting, America’s foremost youth program for boys, and the Attleboro Cub Scouts want your boy to join their ranks next week. A city-wide sign-up night will be held on Monday, September 23 from 6-7:30PM at All Saints Episcopal Church, 121 North Main Street, Attleboro, across the street from the city library.
At the information night, boys and their parents will have an opportunity to meet other Scouts and learn about the adventurous and rewarding activities Cub Scouts do. Parents will learn how Scouting can benefit their child and how it’s a way to have more quality time with their kids. Attendees also will find out more about the local Cub Scout units in Attleboro that meet at area churches, schools and community organizations.
Cub Scouting is for boys in the first through fifth grades and provides hands on experiences that engage their imagination and promote independence. The program combines outdoor activities, sports and academics in a fun and exciting program that helps boys embrace ideals such as honesty, good citizenship, fitness and respect. The positive impact Scouting has on Attleboro youth and the opportunities Scouting provides to volunteers has had a ripple effect throughout the city for more than 65 years. Hundreds of youth are members of Cub Scout units across the Attleboro area.
2. Blue Pride Runs Through the City:
3. What Else is Happening Around Attleboro This Week?
The South Attleboro Knights of Columbus Council #5876 will hold a Chopstick Auction on Saturday, September 28 at their hall located at 304 Highland Avenue. The doors will open at 6:15PM and the auction will begin promptly at 7:00PM. Admission is $3.00 and a ‘play all night’package will be available for $20. Free refreshments will be served at intermission. There will also be door prizes and raffles along with a cash bar available all night.
With over 100 prizes being auctioned off everyone is sure to have a great night. As always, all proceeds from this event will go right back into the surrounding community to help those in need.
4. Sept. 23 in History: 1952 - Rocky Marciano KOs Jersey Joe Walcott in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
5. Weather This Week
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 63. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 40. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 68. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 68.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 48.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 67.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 48.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 72.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 47.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.