On Monday, Congressman Joe Kennedy will address the United Regional Chamber of Commerce in Attleboro. Afterwards, he will tour Attleboro High School’s Career Technical Education Department. Later in the morning, he will also tour Craft, Inc. in Attleboro.
8:30AM-9:30AM – Addresses United Regional Chamber of Commerce Highland Country Club 104 Mechanic Street Attleboro, MA
9:45AM-11:00AM – Tours Attleboro High School’s Career Technical Education Department
Attleboro High School 100 Rathbun Willard Drive Attleboro, MA
11:15AM-12:00PM – Tours Craft, Inc. Craft, Inc. 1929 County Street Attleboro, MA
2. Family Owl Prowl at Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary
Friday at 6:30 p.m.:
Come explore Oak Knoll after dark! Join us for this fun evening to learn about owls and their habitats. Do all owls hoot? Are they as wise as they look? Can they really turn their heads all the way around? How are they adapted for their nocturnal or crepuscular lives ( and what does that mean anyway?)? An interesting presentation with hands on activities. After the indoor fun we will head out on the trail to listen for evidence of our feathery friends.Instructions and Directions:Dress for weather and wear shoes for hiking.
Audience:Family (suitable for children 2 - 16 years)
Members:Adult $8.00, Child $4.00
Nonmembers:Adult $10.00, Child $6.00
Registration is required.
Register online at www.massaudubon.org/oakknoll
Call 508-223-3060 to register by phone.
3. Check out the latest Attleboro featured home.
4. This Week in History: 1977 - Pres Carter pardons most Vietnam War draft evaders (10,000)
5. This Week's Weather
- Monday A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.