The Attleboro school district has invited the public to attend focus group sessions regarding the search for a superintendent. Current Superintendent Pia Durkin is expected to step down at the end of June.
Families should attend the focus group session at their child's school. All sessions will take place in the school library and are expected to take one hour. There are also three sessions scheduled for the general public that will take place next month.
"Questionnaires to be used to initiate conversations will be available in each principal's office by Monday, Oct. 22," a release from the school district states. "In addition, on the week of Oct. 22, the Family & Community Survey will be disseminated to all students of the Attleboro school district. Parents and community members can return completed hard copy versions of the survey to homeroom teachers by Nov. 2. An electronic version of the survey will be available via the Attleboro Schools website by early November."
Focus Groups Schedule
All sessions will begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Coelho Middle - Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Studley Elementary - Thursday, Oct. 25
- Brennan Middle - Monday, Oct. 29
- Thacher Elementary - Tuesday, Oct. 30 (also open to Early Learning Center families)
- Wamsutta Middle - Wednesday, Nov. 7
- Hyman Fine Elementary - Thursday, Nov. 8
- Attleboro High - Tuesday, Nov. 13
- Hill-Roberts Elementary - Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Willett Elementary - Thursday, Nov. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Brennan Middle - Thursday, Nov. 1
- Attleboro Public Library - Saturday, Nov. 24 at 10 a.m.
- Attleboro High, Room 178E - Tuesday, Nov. 27
The general public session previously scheduled for Nov. 12 at City Hall has been canceled. A new third date for the general public sessions will be scheduled soon.