Attleboro resident Karen Ann Strang appears to be laughing in her Oct. 4 booking photo, but she allegedly committed crimes that are no laughing matter. Strang, 40, and Kenneth M. Knowles, 27, of Pawtucket were arrested in the morning at 39 East St. Strang was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor breaking and entering and disturbing the peace. Knowles was arrested on suspicion of disturbing the peace.
Strang has a history of arrests, including last year when she was accused of beating a man with a piece of cement, according to The Sun Chronicle.
Other recent reported arrests and charges include (an arrest and/or charge does not indicate a conviction):
- *10:34 a.m. Sasha M. Werthessen, 20, of Rehoboth was arrested at 969 Park St. on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. Her vehicle was also reported to lack an inspection sticker.
- 10:42 p.m. Kimberly A. Robert, 32, of Attleboro was arrested at 11 Morey St. on suspicion of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a person age 65 or older.
- 10:51 a.m. John Joseph Buckley, 58, of Norton was arrested on Pleasant Street on suspicion of OUI drugs and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
- 11:37 a.m. Manuel Louis Costa, 55, of Providence and Linda S. McGrath, 56, of Pawtucket were arrested at 1116 Washington St. Costa was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery (domestic). McGrath was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and criminal contempt.
- 9:59 p.m. Gabriel O. Samayoa, 31, of Attleboro was arrested at 39 Dunham St. on suspicion of OUI liquor, possession of a class B drug, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 12:29 a.m. Andrew Patrick Farrell, 23, of Attleboro was arrested at 103 Hope St. extension on suspicion of disturbing the peace.
- 10:30 a.m. Timothy Edward Scannell, 31, of Attleboro was arrested at 35 Mulberry St. on a warrant and suspicion of resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. Go here for more information on his arrest, which includes an allegation he attempted to avoid police by jumping out his window while wearing nothing more than his underwear. He was charged with assault and battery.
- 6:28 p.m. Nicole K. Day, 26, of Seekonk was arrested at 1130 Newport Ave. on suspicion of shoplifting.
- 12:48 p.m. Michael Brodie-Cleaves, 28, of Roxbury was arrested at 495 Pleasant St. on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- 4:52 p.m. Elias Santos-Ramos, a 30-year-old homeless man, was arrested on South Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and trespassing.
- 3:57 a.m. Christopher J. Redlund, 18, of Attleboro was arrested at 33 Olive St. on suspicion of receiving stolen property and disturbing the peace.
- 2:01 p.m. Antonio G. Marchello, 48, of Attleboro was arrested at 211 Park St. on suspicion of assault.
- 9:29 p.m. Ryan T. Snow, 38, of North Attleborough was arrested at 1110 Newport Ave. on suspicion of assault, disturbing the peace and resisting arrest.
*The time indicates when the person was booked at the Attleboro police station.