- Pasta Salad: Fellow Seekonk Mom and also Patch contributor, Darline Almeida, makes this great side dish which is also a perfect alternative for vegetarians. Cook 1 box of pasta (your choice). After it cools, mix in 1 can of Green Giant™ Mexicorn and then add 5 tablespoons of cilantro lime vinaigrette dressing.
- Grand Old Flag Cheese spread: I can’t do this list without at least one American flag inspired item. You need the following: 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, ¼ c shredded cheddar jack cheese, 2 tablespoons of sliced pitted black olives, and ¼ c salsa. The cream cheese is placed between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out to 6x4-inch rectangle with rolling pin. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; coat top and sides of cream cheese with shredded cheese. Invert onto serving plate. Remove waxed paper. Arrange three rows of olives in top left corner of cream cheese rectangle for the "stars" of the "flag." Make four 1/4-inch-deep rows, using rounded end of 1/4-tsp. measuring spoon for the "flag's stripes," leaving a 1/4-inch-wide space between the rows. Fill rows with salsa. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This would be great with either crackers or tortilla chips.
- Hamburgers: Bubba™ burgers are some of the best I have had and can be found in any grocery store. Cook frozen as that is the best way to cook a burger. It’s standard cookout fare that melts in your mouth. They also have turkey burgers as an alternative.
- Brownie Trifle: Another one of my “mom” friends, Beatrice Hartling shared this chocolate treat. Ingredients: Brownies, 1-2 boxes of chocolate pudding prepared & set (You can use sugar free or fat free pudding for a lighter treat), Cool Whip, large container, and Heath bar bits. In a trifle bowl, layer brownies, then pudding, then cool whip. Continue layers and finish off top layer with cool whip and toffee bar bits.
- Chocolate chip cookies: Another dessert, from yours truly. I won a Blue Ribbon for all around best cookie at the Seekonk Library last year with this sweet treat. Follow recipe on the Hershey™ semi-sweet chocolate chips bag. Most important part of this recipe is you need to babysit your cookies. Take out when edges are golden brown.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something