1. Yes, there will be snow this weekend. No, it will not be a foot of snow as some forecasters had predicted earlier this week. Accuweather's website says Attleboro should expect three to six inches of snow accumulation by Sunday afternoon. Here is a look at the National Weather Service's weekend forecast as of early Friday morning:
- Friday Daytime: Sunny with a high near 40 and a north wind traveling 6 mph to 10 mph
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy with a low near 24 and an east wind traveling about 5 mph
- Saturday Daytime: Snow likely (60 percent chance), mainly after 5 p.m.; Mostly cloudy with a high near 37; southeast wind traveling 3 mph to 8 mph
- Saturday Night: Rain and snow becoming all snow after 3 a.m.; low around 32 with an east wind traveling 8 mph to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight, and gusts could reach 31 mph; chance of precipitation is 100 percent
- Sunday Daytime: Snow, mainly before 3 p.m. with a high near 37 and a north wind traveling 8 mph to 14 mph, and gusts could reach 32 mph; chance of precipitation is 90 percent
- Sunday Night: Chance of snow (30 percent), mainly before 8 p.m.; mostly cloudy with a low near 25
2. The city's Winter Night Festival will take place Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Downtown Attleboro. The event will feature lots of activities, entertainment and items for sale. Go here for more details.
3. The festive Jewish holiday Purim begins Saturday at sundown. Congregation Agudas Achim will celebrate with two events taking place at the synagogue, which is located at 901 North Main St. A vegetarian potluck dinner will take place Saturday at 6 p.m. This will be followed by a Megillah reading at 6:30 p.m. An all-ages Purim carnival will take place Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4. Today is the final day of February break for Attleboro students. They will return to school Monday, assuming the snowstorm is not more intense than expected and causes closures.
5. Are you opinionated? We want to hear from you, as do others in the community. Share your opinions on Attleboro Patch by writing a blog. Go here to get started.