1. A job notice has been posted for a special education director in the Attleboro school district. But Superintendent Pia Durkin appears to think the posting, which includes a Feb. 25 application deadline, is not needed. The school committee will vote tonight on Durkin's recommendation to give the job to interim director Marisa McCarthy.
The urgency to hire McCarthy could be due to her eyes looking elsewhere. She was recently named as one of two finalists for the special education director job in Arlington.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in Attleboro High School's Room 178E.
2. Speaking of the schools, Attleboro students will return to them today after several days off due to the recent blizzard. The start time will be delayed by two hours.
3. If you missed the snowfall, get excited because it's probably coming back, although there is not expected to be another blizzard ... at least not so soon. The National Weather Service says there is a 60 percent chance of nighttime and early Thursday morning snow. About an inch of accumulation is possible.
The daytime forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high near 42 and a west wind traveling 3 mph to 7 mph. The nighttime low is expected to be 28.
4. If you have questions or comments for City Councilor Jay DiLisio about anything city-related (that includes the snowstorm), bring them to Ugly Dog Books. He will meet with constituents from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
5. Election season kicked off Tuesday in Attleboro. to begin possible campaigns for public office. Be sure to check Patch today to see if any new potential candidates pull papers.