The fire that brought down the historic Old Grist Mill Tavern attracted readers from Seekonk and far beyond. It was the most-read article about Seekonk on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch in 2012. Despite the headline, it appears the restaurant was not a total loss. We fully expect the reopening of the restaurant to be the most popular story of 2013.
Other stories included in the top 10 for 2012, in terms of page views, include one about a gassing suicide, the abrupt departure of the school district's superintendent and an f-bomb released from the mouth of the town's elected leader ... or was it an asthma attack?
Most Read Seekonk stories on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch
(go here for the most-read Attleboro stories)
1. June 24
2. Local Leaders Rip Gas Company's Response in Grist Mill Fire June 25
3. 1 Dead in Possible Suicide Gassing May 4
4. Teacher Arrested on Suspicion of Enticing Child Sept. 11
5. Oct. 9
6. Seekonk Schools Superintendent Resigns May 18
7. Seekonk Schools Officials Won't Say Why Superintendent Quit May 21
8. Dec. 13
9. Man Accused of Attempted Murder Found Dead in Seekonk Aug. 13
10. Seekonk Stores Evacuated Due to Report of Gunman Dec. 17