1. Today is the first day potential candidates for municipal offices can pull papers from City Hall. I know I promised yesterday that I'd have a blog today, but I've decided against doing that. However, be sure to look at this website and Attleboro Patch's Facebook page for updates throughout the day.
Every elected position in Attleboro is up for renewal in November. This includes the mayor's job as well as the 11 seats on the City Council and nine seats on the school committee. Mayor Kevin Dumas told The Sun Chronicle in December that he would run for a sixth term. No other incumbents have made any official statements.
2. Schools are closed again today as the city recovers from the blizzard. Look for an update this afternoon on whether schools will reopen Wednesday.
3. The City Council has a meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. at City Hall. Among the topics on the agenda is the blizzard and funding for the recovery effort.
4. When looking at the Attleboro Patch calendar, please remember that some events may have been canceled due to the storm. It would be a good idea to call or send an email to make sure the event is still happening before you go to the location. If you have an event coming up, be sure to let everybody know by posting the information on Attleboro Patch. Go here to get started.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for sunny skies, a west wind traveling 8 mph to 17 mph and a high of 43 degrees. At night, it is expected to be mostly clear with a low near 25.