1. The Attleboro Dog Park will have a soft opening Saturday at 11 a.m. Festivities are planned. It is located on Pond Street North, across the street from the animal shelter.
2. Also on Saturday, it's Take Your Child to the Library Day. Activities are planned at the Seekonk and Attleboro libraries. Go here for more information.
3. Another Saturday event is a City Council committee meeting. Wait! Don't yawn and move to the next item yet. This meeting could interest you. The committee will discuss off-road vehicles, including ATVs and road bikes, and laws that may be needed regarding their use in Attleboro. The meeting will take place at City Hall at 9 a.m.
4. Today is the deadline to apply for the job as superintendent of the Attleboro school district. If you happen to be qualified for the position and are one of those last-minute types, go here to see the application details and hurry up! If you're an Attleboro parent, student, resident, observer or anybody else with a mild interest in what happens in the city, stay with Attleboro Patch for the latest information on the next steps in the process toward the appointment of a new superintendent, which is expected to happen in April.
5. It could snow today, but it probably won't. The National Weather Service has put the chance at 20 percent. The daytime forecast also calls for mostly sunny skies, a high near 35 and a northwest wind traveling 11 mph to 16 mph. At night, it is expected to be mostly clear with a low near 16 and a west wind traveling 10 mph to 15 mph.