- Chelo’s in East Providence, RI, 911 Warren Ave., and 45D Newport Ave: My boys have actually showed great enthusiasm about this very family oriented establishment. The children’s menu has offerings for both 10 and under and ages 10 to 13 have bigger portions. They give out wooden coins to all the kids at each visit. Then once they've accumulated, kids can cash them in for a prize. Overall, the value, service, and great food make Chelo’s a perfect choice! Also, check out their website for information on the kids’ club/birthday club. Once in awhile you will see coupons in the mail.
- Friendly’s, Seekonk, Route 6: Can you think of a more family “Friendly” place? This is definitely one of the best. On Wednesdays kids eat for $1.99 as long as two adults get entrees. There is always some special going on and the staff is very welcoming to families. Also, on Valentine’s Day and Halloween they sell sheets of ‘free cone’ coupons to give as small token gifts for kids. The money goes to different organizations. So,this place is family friendly, has great specials, and they care about their community.
- EATS, Seekonk, Route 6: When you see the diner sign that is a big hot dog (or wiener), you will know you are at EATS! Eats is a cash only establishment that serves typical diner fare. However, I’ve been told the wieners are awesome and the service here is really good. Its very family oriented.
- Micheletti’s, 1053 Newman Ave, Seekonk: One thing that sets this diner apart from the rest is the toy wooden train that circles the restaurant from a track that is suspended from the ceiling. Older kids will like the stools at the counter where they can hang out. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all served and everything I’ve had there has been very good. Be sure to hit the ATM first as they only take cash.
- Bliss Dairy, 711 Park Street, Attleboro: Bliss Dairy started up back in October 1924 and is still going strong today! This is a very big open diner style place that has both counter and booth seating. If you go all the way to the back of the restaurant, that is the best spot for you and your little ones. Families always tend to sit in this section. There are Mickey Mouse pancakes for the kids at breakfast. They also have great sandwiches. Save room for their yummy ice cream! They have a lot of different flavors. There are a few tables outside, and there is take out counter where you get the ice cream to take home.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something