The divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins this weekend in Denver when the Broncos host the Baltimore Ravens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Locally, the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Kick-off in Foxborough is scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Patriots fans hoping for another AFC Championship game in Foxborough will be tuning in Saturday to cheer on the Ravens against Peyton Manning and the Broncos while fans wanting to see a Brady-Manning showdown with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line will be favoring the Broncos Saturday.
Of course, in either scenario, the Patriots need to knock off the Houston Texans Sunday to advance.
On the NFC side of the playoff bracket, the Green Bay Packers travel to San Francisco to play the 49ers Saturday night (kick-off is 8 p.m.). On Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks take on the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta (kick-off is 1 p.m.) prior to the Patriots-Texans showdown at 4:30 p.m.
Winners of divisional round weekend will move one step closer to playing in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3.
Click here for a complete look at the NFL playoff schedule.
If you plan to tune in locally to this weekend’s playoff action then stop by one of these places in Mansfield to watch the game(s):
- Casey O'Connors - Enjoy the game on one of the HDTV and enjoy a free pizza buffet inside the Irish pub!
- Jimmy's Pub - Watch the game on one of the restaurant's HDTVs!
- TGI Fridays - Enjoy the game on one of the HDTVs located in the bar area!
- Catman Cafe - Watch the NFL at the establishment located right in downtown Mansfield!
For those willing to brave the crowds and traffic, there is always Bar Louie, Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill, and CBS Scene at Patriot Place down the road in Foxborough.
AFC and NFC Divisional Round Games
- Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos (4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on CBS)
- Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers (8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on FOX)
- Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons (1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on FOX)
- Houston Texans at New England Patriots (4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on CBS)