It's getting a little warmer (relatively), but we're still in the heart of winter, and the Attleboro Youth Commission is celebrating the season Saturday with its first event—Winter Extravaganza.
The free event will take place at Finberg Field from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Among the planned features are games, crafts, caricature drawings, a bonfire, pictures with Frosty the Snowman and ice skating (if the weather allows).
People who attend will receive raffle tickets, and they will have a chance to win more tickets with the games. The raffle prizes include:
- Four sets of four tickets to Providence Bruins
- $20 Gift Certificate to Pub 99
- Glass etching of Capron Park Archway (donated by Eric Bergman/Stray Tatts Studios)
- Family pool pass to Attleboro Pools for 2013
- An acupuncture visit to Oriental Healing Arts Clinic
- Certificate for one week of summer camp at Poncin-Hewitt for children ages 3 to 6
- 1 session (8 classes) of Tae Kown Do at Mu Han Martial Arts
- Gift certificate for manicure and pedicure
Go here for more information about the event and how it was planned.
Winter Extravaganza is free, but donations will be collected to support HEAT and the Attleboro Energy Fund, which raise money to provide heat to homes in need during the winter.