1. Seekonk Selectman Dave Parker announced at the Board of Selectmen meeting Wednesday night that a town employee who is a single parent with two children recently lost his or her home in a fire and needed donations of cash and items. He said the employee's name was not important, but the person was living in a hotel. He said those who are interested in helping should contact Town Administrator Pam Nolan at 508-336-2910.
2. The final session to collect public input on the Attleboro school district superintendent search will take place at City Hall at 6:30 p.m. It is open to all residents, even those without children in the district.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
3. Seekonk Public Library will host The Latest and Greatest Films at 6 p.m.
4. The Attleboro Chess Club will meet at Attleboro Public Library at 6 p.m.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high near 41 and wind gusts that could reach 23 mph. At night, it is expected to be mostly cloudy with a low near 28.