- From @AttleboroYMCA: The Y facilities are open. No classes or programs through 3 p.m. After that, everything will run as scheduled! Hooray!
Wednesday 8:30 a.m.:
- All Attleboro municipal buildings (except for schools) are scheduled to re-open at noon today.
- The Massachusetts Trial Court has canceled First-day Jurors for
Wednesday, January 22nd, in most counties statewide. Jurors are
still requested to appear in Berkshire County and Hampshire County.
Also on Wednesday, courts will be closed in the following counties due
to blizzard conditions forecasted to continue through the morning:
Barnstable County, Bristol County, Plymouth County, as well as Dukes
and Nantucket Counties.
We will continue to monitor the storm and issue any updates required
based on weather conditions. Updates will be posted on the Trial
Court websites and emergency closure telephone lines.
- The city council meeting that was originally rescheduled for Wednesday has been rescheduled for Thursday.
- AHS boys gymnastics postponed today. Rescheduled to 1-28-14.
- AHS boys basketball vs Milford postponed today. Will play Sat. 1-25-14 at 6 pm.
- AHS girls basketball vs Milford postponed today will play 1-25 at Milford 12:30 pm.
- The Attleboro School Committee Meeting scheduled for tonight has been postponed until Thursday, January 23rd. The committee will follow the same agenda (executive session at 6:30pm, public meeting at 7:15pm) on Thursday.
- Exactly how much snow is Attleboro expected to get? Click here.
9 a.m. Tuesday:
A winter storm warning has been issued in the Attleboro area by the National Weather Service. The Service issued a winter storm warning Monday afternoon for a 24-hour period from 1 p.m. Tuesday through 1 p.m. on Wednesday. The warning was issued at 3:58 p.m. on Monday.
Be sure to check back here as we update you throughout the storm.
Attleboro Emergency Contacts
- In case of an emergency, dial 911
- Attleboro Police Department - 508-222-1212
- Norton Fire Department - (508)222-2325
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)