1. The search group charged with reducing the number of candidates for the Attleboro school district superintendent position met for the first time Thursday and appointed a chair, according to The Sun Chronicle. The newspaper reported former Attleboro High teacher and administrator Ron Struminski was appointed chair and teachers union head Adeline Bee was named vice chair.
2. The Seekonk Meadows will be the location for a Community Walk on Saturday at 10 a.m. The walk is to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and getting involved in the community. Participants are asked to bring a donation for the local food bank.
3. The Attleboro girls Spring fast pitch softball will hold a registration at the Bartek Recreation Center from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
4. On Sunday, the All Saints Anglican Church in Attleboro will host a Women of Purpose Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
5. It is expected to be sunny, but cold today. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast is calling for a high near 27 along with a northwest wind traveling at 7 mph to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. At night, it is expected to be partly cloudy with a low around 19 and a south wind traveling at 3 mph to 8 mph.