1. Attleboro City Council President Frank Cook has scheduled a special council meeting for tonight at 7 p.m. The agenda states the purpose of the meeting is "to vote on storm-related matters and any legal matter that may come before the council." No specific storm-related items are noted on the agenda. City officials told Patch the council may need to vote on storm-related expenses.
2. Sturdy Memorial Hospital will sponsor a Driver Safety Program today at 10 a.m. that was developed by the AARP.
3. The Attleboro dog park is so close to being a reality. The committee is looking for volunteers on Saturday to help finish putting up the fence at the location on Pond Street North, across the street from the Attleboro Animal Shelter. Just show up at 9:30 a.m. The work is expected to last until about 1 p.m. (although it would be nice, you are not required to stay the entire time, any help you can provide would be useful).
4. Seekonk Congregational Church will host a Harvest Supper on Saturday at 5 p.m.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for cloudy skies, a high near 53 and a light west wind traveling at 5 mph to 9 mph. At night, mostly cloudy skies are expected along with a low near 35 and a northwest wind traveling up to 7 mph.