1. If you were woken up during the night/early morning by loud rain, you know it has not been postcard-like weather in recent hours. Don't expect any improvements today.
The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for a 100 percent chance of rain that "could be heavy at times," along with an east wind in the morning that could travel up to 21 mph and a north wind in the afternoon moving up to 11 mph. The expected high is 44.
At night, there is a 40 percent chance of rain and snow. Little to no snow accumulation is expected. The northwest wind could reach 11 mph, with gusts up to 33 mph. The predicted low is 28.
Better weather, and we use the term loosely, could return on Friday when it is expected to be sunny with a high near 37.
2. Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro will hold a blood drive beginning at 9 a.m.
3. The Seekonk Public Library will host School Vacation Movie to begin at 3 p.m. No registration is required, all are welcome.
4. The Greater Attleboro Women of Today will meet at Attleboro Public Library at 6:30 p.m.
5. Are you Interested in blogging for Patch? It's easy, go here to get started.