According to data from the United States Census Bureau's 2011 American Community Survey, it generally takes most of Attleboro about a half-hour to get to work.
But, as we found out by asking some Attleboro Patch Facebook users, there are certainly some areas you should avoid if you want to keep that commute under a half-hour. Below are a few responses we got from residents when we asked about their commute:
- Katie Roseann Try living at the corner of May Street and route 1...the weekends and holidays are terrible. Taking the backroads may be a longer ride but there is no traffic!
- Janice Baldwin Bushee and county...impossible to get in or out!!!!!! Also getting out of studley school am or pm
- Jennifer Boudreaux Lamb and S Main is ridiculous to make a left onto. You have to wait until someone lets you go, and hope there isn't oncoming cars from the other way.
- Steve Plumb Anywhere on County "south of the center", to the only banks and food stores around. 1hr round trip, when it used to take 10min. That's when TI had 8k employees!
- Shauna Beth Baker Try living on no main st it's like living on a highway! Everyone use's this street to get to the highway's,plainvile, no attle and going the other way downtown, hospital ,norton etc . And do not get me started on the police and ambulance siren's!
- Joshua Brogan If you live on may street I truly feel bad for you. Gotta be awful around the holidays
- Jessica Parker Trying to get to town down pleasant st (from the post office to stop and shop) is just ridiculous between 4-6 pm the light at Lindsey isn't long enough
- Kristen Jack Am traffic on Thatcher comming through the County St lights!! What a nightmare! Not to mention the Studley/Brennan entrance, what a mess!