1. A public hearing will take place tonight at Attleboro City Hall on the property tax rate for the city. The City Council will vote on the rate at a special meeting next Monday. Last year, the council voted 6-5 to reduce the burden for businesses and increase it for residents. City Assessor Stan Nacewicz encouraged the council last week to continue moving in that direction. The public hearing will begin at 7 p.m. Go here to see what else is on the council agenda.
2. If you haven't been to any of the focus group meetings on the Attleboro school district's superintendent search, do not fear because you have three more chances. Meetings will take place at the public library on Saturday at 10 a.m., at Attleboro High in Room 178E next week on Tuesday at 7 p.m. and at City Hall next week on Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
You can also take an online survey about the search process. Go here to participate.
3. There will be a blood pressure check fair today at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church at 9:30 a.m.
4. Good News Bible Chapel in Attleboro will host a City Supper beginning at 4:30 p.m.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for partly sunny skies, a high near 51 and a northeast wind traveling up to 6 mph. At night, it is expected to be mostly cloudy with a low near 35 and a light north wind.