White Alligator Arrives in Attleboro
Here is a look at what is happening in Attleboro and Seekonk.
1. The wait is over. The white alligator out of a farm in St. Augustine , Fla. has arrived at Capron Park Zoo for a four-month stay. The media will get the first chance to see the rare reptile later today, then he will be introduced to the public starting this weekend.
2. Carol Bragg is a new blogger on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch. Go here to read her first entry about taxing the wealthy to provide jobs for American veterans. Do you want to blog? It is really easy, and you can write about whatever you want. Go here to get started.
3. Seekonk's Board of Selectmen has a loaded agenda tonight. It includes a public hearing on the proposed 2012-13 budget. Go here to see the document. Also, the School, Finance and Capital Improvement committees will join the selectmen to discuss various topics concerning the town. The agenda is attached to this article.
4. As part of the Dollars & Sense program, Seekonk Public Library will host Financial Planning Workshop II: Budgets and Spending Plans at 6:30 p.m.
5. Rain is possible (40 percent chance) during the day, according to the National Weather Service. It is expected to be cloudy with a high of 72. The cloudiness should continue at night, when the low is expected to reach 56.