Superintendent Candidate to Visit Attleboro
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. Kenneth Sheehan, one of two finalists for the school district's superintendent post, will be in Attleboro today to meet school, city and student leaders as well as tour campuses. From 4:15 p.m. to 5 p.m., he will meet parents and take questions at Attleboro High's mini-auditorium. Sheehan's public interview with the school committee was canceled last week because of the snowstorm. It has been rescheduled for this Thursday at 7 p.m. in Attleboro High's Room 178E.
2. The Attleboro Democratic City Committee has announced its Unity Brunch will take place March 23 at 9 a.m. at Murray Unitarian Universalist Church . Tickets are $20 ($15 for students) and can be purchased at the door or in advance by sending a check payable to "Attleboro Democratic City Committee" to event co-Chair Jim Humphrey at 106 Robert St., Attleboro, MA 02703.
3. Help your child improve his/her baseball fundamentals with a skills and drills session tonight at Bartek Recreation Center (81 Pine St. in Attleboro). The cost is $1 and the sessions will take place from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. for children ages 5 to 8 and 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. for children ages 9 to 12.
4. If you want to share your views about Attleboro with a large audience, become an Attleboro Patch blogger. Go here to get started.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for partly sunny skies, a south wind traveling 3 mph to 8 mph and a high near 49. At night, mostly cloudy skies are expected as well as a south wind traveling around 6 mph and a low near 37. There is a 30 percent chance of nighttime rain.