Sunny Today, Snow Possible Tonight
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. After just two full days of school this week, Attleboro's public school students will get another week off. Today is the final day of classes before the February break begins. Students will return to school Feb. 25.
2. This final day of classes will be one of the warmest in the past couple weeks. The National Weather Service says the daytime high should be near 50. The forecast also calls for sunny skies and a southwest wind traveling 6 mph to 10 mph, with gusts up to 24 mph. At night, it is expected to be mostly cloudy with a low near 29 and a calm wind. There is a 20 percent chance of snow in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The chance of snow will increase during the weekend, with a 50 percent possibility Saturday during the day, 60 percent chance Saturday night and 40 percent chance Sunday. No major snow accumulation is expected.
3. The Attleboro Public Library remains closed today for maintenance work. If you have a book due today, you can return it tomorrow without being penalized.
4. The creation of a cemetery commission will be the focus of a public meeting Saturday morning hosted by City Councilor Jay DiLisio. It will take place at City Hall from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
5. Professional wrestling is coming to Attleboro Saturday. The event will take place at the Attleboro Moose Lodge and serve as a fundraiser for Self Help Attleboro, which assists the less-fortunate on several fronts. Tickets cost $12.