Snow Expected in Attleboro, Seekonk
Here is a look at what's happening in Attleboro and Seekonk.
1. The frosty white delight is expected to drop from the air this afternoon in Attleboro and Seekonk. The National Weather Service's forecast calls for an 80 percent chance of snow, mostly after 3 p.m. About an inch of snow is expected. The forecast also includes a southwest wind traveling at 5 mph to 7 mph and a high of 32. At night, snow, sleet and "freezing drizzle" are expected (90 percent chance), and after 11 p.m. it should become freezing rain. The predicted low is 30.
2. The Attleboro and Seekonk school committees are scheduled to meet tonight. Both sessions will begin at 7 p.m. at the respective high schools. Go here to see the Attleboro agenda and here to see the Seekonk agenda.
3. This Friday is the Attleboro school district's deadline to accept superintendent applications. The superintendent search committee, which is in charge of narrowing down the number of applications for final review by the school committee, will meet tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the process. The public session will take place in Room 178E at Attleboro High School. Go here to see the agenda.
4. Get your child prepared with baseball skills. Attleboro Youth Baseball will hold a one-hour Skills and Drill night at Bartek Recreation Center (81 Pine St.) at 7 p.m. (ages 5 to 8) and 8 p.m. (ages 9 to 12). The cost is $1. You do not have to sign up in advance.
5. Do you have a passion and want to share your passion with the masses. Blog about it on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch. Go here to get started.