Sen. Timilty to Appear at Jonathan's
Here is a look at what's happening in Attleboro and Seekonk.
1. State Sen. James Timilty, whose district includes most of Attleboro and all of Seekonk, will be at Jonathan's Cafe (68 Union St.) from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. to meet with constituents. You do not have to make an appointment to speak with the senator. So if you have a question or comment that has to do with Massachusetts, get down there!
2. Take a break from parenting on Saturday and drop you child off at Hurley Middle School in Seekonk, where he/she will be in the good hands of the town's Parks and Recreation Committee. "Something to do Saturdays" will feature activities for children, including making a Valentine, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $3 per child, per hour.
3. Stuff your face and drink some good wine and beer Saturday night while supporting a worthy cause. The fundraiser in support of New Hope, which works to end domestic and sexual violence, will take place at Briggs Garden and Home, located at 295 Kelley Blvd. in North Attleboro. It will begin at 7 p.m. Go here for information on how to purchase tickets.
4. Cub Scout Pack 24 and Boy Scout Troop 24 will host an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast Sunday at St. Theresa's Church (18 Baltic St. in South Attleboro) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $5 per person (free for children under 5) and all proceeds support the local scouts.
5. It will not be warm today, but it will be warmer that it has been the past few days. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for increasing clouds and a high near 24. It also states the wind chill values could be as low as -9, but we're hoping that's an exaggeration. At night, it is expected to be cloudy with a low near 15. Snow is expected (70 percent chance) to fall late at night into the early hours of Saturday.