Seekonk: Kidnapping, Drunk Driving, Tire Theft
Seven arrests are reported for Jan. 14-21.
The Seekonk Police Department reported the following recent arrests (an arrest does not indicate a conviction).
- *2:57 p.m. Kemont Marquis Bowie, 33, of Providence was arrested at Knights Inn (50 Mink St.) on an unspecified warrant.
- 7:16 p.m. Providence residents Hiario H. Tovar, 32, and Julio Alberto Cortez, 31, were arrested at Town Fair Tire after a report of theft. The police log states, "Employee reports two male parties in a white truck with a cage on top of it taking tires from the tire pit." Tovar was arrested on suspicion of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, larceny over $250 and breaking into a depository. Cortez was arrested on suspicion of larceny over $250 and breaking into a depository.
- 5:37 p.m. Patrick Daniel Swistak, 51, of Attleboro was arrested at the intersection of William and Central avenues after crashing his vehicle while allegedly drunk. He was arrested on suspicion of a third offense of OUI liquor, operating a motor vehicle recklessly as to endanger, operating a motor vehicle after his license was revoked and failure to use care in starting, stopping, turning or backing a motor vehicle.
- 10:26 p.m. Etelvina J. Thuotte, 44, of East Providence was arrested on Taunton Avenue on suspicion of a second offense of OUI liquor and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. She was also accused of failing to stay within marked lanes.
- 3:24 a.m. Timothy Bass, 46, of Seekonk was arrested at his Ledge Road home after a woman filed a police report about an assault she said took place the previous night. Bass was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and battery, intimidation of a witness, kidnapping and indecent assault and battery on a person age 14 or older.
- 6:13 p.m. John Kerry Sousa, 44, of Seekonk was arrested at Sam's Club (1110 Fall River Ave.) after a report of a domestic disturbance. He was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and maliciously damaging property.
*The time indicates when police arrived at the scene.