N. Attleboro Boy Held Without Bail for Alleged School Shooting Threat
The high school junior was arraigned Monday in Attleboro. He will face a dangerousness hearing Thursday.
A North Attleboro High School junior will spend Christmas behind bars after he was arrested Friday for allegedly making a threat to "shoot up the school" earlier in the week, according to WPRI in Providence.
Patrick J. Skrabec, 17, appeared for his arraignment Monday at the Attleboro District Court. A judge ordered him to remain held pending a Thursday dangerousness hearing. The boy's attorney, Maria Deaton, told reporters outside the courthouse that her client is innocent.
"I'm shocked that he's being held," she said. "I'm a little outraged by the incident because from my understanding the school has had a problem with kids making what they think is jokingly making threats, and he's been singled out for some reason."