Most-Read Attleboro Stories of 2012
The death of Massachusetts' oldest veteran attracted the most readers.
Sgt. Major Irene Davey's death at age 104 attracted the most attention on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch in 2012. It was the most-read story of the year. Davey, who served in the U.S. Army during World War II, was the oldest-living veteran in Massachusetts before she died in November.
The top 10 Attleboro stories on the site, in terms of page views, mostly involved the school district and some of the conflicts among its elected and appointed leaders. Other stories in the top 10 included the tragic death of a young woman in a vehicle crash on Main Street and a frightening story of sexual assault.
Most Read Attleboro stories on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch
(go here for the most-read Seekonk stories)
1. Attleboro's Oldest Veteran Dies at 104 Nov. 19
2. Should Schools Be in Session Tuesday? Oct. 29
7. Truck Driver Suffers Electric Shock on I-95 Aug. 16
8. Attleboro Police Log: May 7 - May 13 May 15
10. Parents Come to Superintendent's Defense May 29