Keeping Your Pets Safe in the Storm
Here are some storm safety tips for pet owners.
The following storm safety advice for pet owners was provided by Kim Penque from Friends of Attleboro Animal Shelter:
- Keep pets inside, except for short bathroom breaks
- Make sure all ID tags on animals are on them properly and any contact information is legible
- Make sure all fencing is safe before letting pets out in the yard (do not let animals out unattended)
- Have enough food and water on hand
- Have all medications filled
- Have all vaccination records in a safe place (should an animal get loose— proof of rabies vaccine is needed to claim the animal from the shelter)
- If Attleboro opens a shelter, animals are welcome—so stay tuned and stay safe
- Attleboro Animal Shelter's phone number is 508-761-5617. You can also call the Attleboro police if there is no answer at the shelter and there is an animal-related emergency.