Happy Fourth of July!
Here is a look at what is happening in Attleboro and Seekonk.
1. Today is our nation's birthday. Go here if you need a refresher on what all this Fourth of July stuff is about.
2. This is a federal holiday, so almost everything that would be categorized as "government" is closed today. That includes Attleboro City Hall and Seekonk Town Hall as well as both libraries. All banks are closed too. The status for local businesses vary, but it would probably be best to call if you don't want to make a needless drive.
3. There will likely be at least some rain today. But the good news is the fireworks show in Attleboro will happen. The bad news is the morning games at Poncin-Hewitt could be postponed to Sunday. Be sure to check with Attleboro-Seekonk Patch shortly after 7 a.m. for further information.
4. You probably know at least one interesting person in Attleboro and/or Seekonk. Do you think that person should be profiled on Attleboro-Seekonk Patch? If so, send an email with the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Showers are "likely" before 9 a.m. and a thunderstorm could join the fun, according to the National Weather Service. More of the wetness is possible after 9 a.m. The daytime high is expected to be 87. At night, there is a 30 percent chance of rain with an expected low near 67.