First Superintendent Interview Tonight
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. Anthony Azar, school district administrator in New Bedford, will be interviewed tonight by the Attleboro School Committee in the first of two sessions with the superintendent candidates. The interview will take place in Attleboro High's Room 178E at 7 p.m. The public is allowed to attend, and the session will be televised and web streamed by DoubleACS. The second interview, with West Warwick Schools Superintendent Kenneth Sheehan, will take place Thursday at 7 p.m.
2. The city council on Tuesday approved the reappointments of several members of the Attleboro Youth Commission. The following people were reappointed for one-year terms:
- Charlotte Kerwin
- Adam Tellier
- Avinoam Nerenberg
- Caroline Kirby
- Nathan O'Connor
- Jared Teixeira
- David Austin
- Harry Walsh (current chair)
- Hadley Porreca
- Carlee Russell
- Ethan Hurd
- Brian Lussier
3. Unemployed people can gather and chat about their situations in nearby North Attleboro. The Support Group for the Unemployed will meet at 10 a.m. at Grace Episcopal Church, located at 104 North Washington St.
4. At-large City Councilor Richard Conti will host office hours at 16 County St. from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for cloudy skies with a high near 42 and a northeast wind traveling 9 mph to 17 mph, with gusts up to 30 mph. There is a 30 percent chance of scattered rain and snow. At night, rain and snow are expected along with a low near 33 and a north wind traveling up to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
Then the weather is expected to take a stormy turn. Go here for more on that.