Expect Some Rain Today
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. The National Weather Service says Attleboro residents should prepare to get wet. The good thing (or bad thing if you like rain) is that you will get through most of the day without the rain. It is expected to start falling after 4 p.m. There is a 70 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m., and the chance goes up to 90 percent at night. The rest of the forecast calls for cloudy skies and a high near 55 during the day, patchy fog and a low near 37 at night.
2. If you are looking for an indoor activity, why not attend a city council meeting? The city's top legislative body will hold committee meetings beginning at 7 p.m. The sessions will take place at City Hall, which is located at 77 Park St.
3. Kenneth Sheehan, finalist for the school district superintendent job, visited the district yesterday. Go here for information on how that went. The other finalist, Anthony Azar, will be in Attleboro today. He will take questions from parents at Attleboro High's mini-auditorium from 4:15 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Have you seen the nifty sandwich bag creations by Attleboro artist David Laferriere? If the answer is "no," then check this out. You will not be disappointed.
5. Do you have a big announcement you want to share with the community? It is really easy to share the information on Patch. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Create an account by clicking "join" in the upper-right side of Attleboro Patch's homepage. If you already have an account, log in.
- Once you are logged in, click "News" on the top menu bar. Then click "Announcements," followed by "Add an Announcement."
- Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload"
- Once you click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your announcement. E-mail the URL to email@example.com and we will feature it on the homepage.