Election Season Continues
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. After a long weekend, City Hall is back open, and that means the potential candidates for the 2013 election can pull papers for the fall election. Last week was the first opportunity for people to take the first step toward becoming official candidates. Several incumbents, including Mayor Kevin Dumas, did it. Jim Poore, potential at-large council candidate, became the first challenger to pull papers on Friday. The deadline to return completed papers to City Hall is July 30.
2. The City Council will meet at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall. Go here to see the agenda.
3. The city's Winter Night Festival is coming soon. The event will feature lots of activities, entertainment and items for sale in Downtown Attleboro. It will take place Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Go here for more details.
4. Make sure you are in touch with the latest information on this website even if you are not looking at the site (why that would ever happen, we do not know). "Like" our Facebook page and follow our Twitter feed.
5. If you're going to be outside after 5 p.m., prepare to get wet. The National Weather Service predicts showers are likely (90 percent chance) until about 8 p.m. During the day, increasing clouds and and a high of 47 are expected. A low of 30 is expected at night.