Cold Weather Continues in Attleboro, Seekonk
Wind Chill values could drop to -8 during the day.
1. Don't even bother to take off that jacket because it is freezing outside, and will remain that way for the next week. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for sunny skies, a high near 18 and wind chill values as low as -8. A west wind is expected to travel up to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. The nighttime low is expected to be 4 with wind chill values as low as -6. The northwest wind could reach 10 mph, with gusts up to 26 mph.
This will be a dry freeze for a few days. There is a 60 percent chance snow will fall Friday night. Freezing temperatures are expected to continue until Tuesday, when the projected high is 40.
2. Local officials recommend residents go to the state's website to gather information on how to remain safe during this brutal portion of the winter. Go here to access the information.
3. The Seekonk Board of Selectmen will meet at 6 p.m. at Town Hall (100 Peck St.). Among the items on the agenda is the selection of a new police chief. Go here for more information about the meeting.
4. Attleboro state Rep. Paul Heroux will host an event tonight titled "Keeping Kids Safe." The program will include a panel discussion on keeping young people safe from guns, bullying and sex offenders. Go here for more information.
5. Do you know somebody interesting in the community that Patch should feature in an upcoming story? Tell us about him/her by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.