Bishop Feehan Hoops Teams Advance in Tourney
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. Bishop Feehan teams are having a successful postseason so far. The boys and girls Shamrock teams won their first-round games in the MIAA basketball tournament Wednesday. The boys defeated Dover-Sherborn 52-43 and the girls bested Walpole 71-56. The boys hockey team won its preliminary-round game Tuesday against Pope John Paul II 10-2. The Shamrocks hockey squad will play in the first round tonight at 8:30 p.m. at Franklin.
2. Greater Attleboro Women of Today will meet at 6:30 p.m. today at the Attleboro Public Library.
3. Be sure to go to the senior center (25 South Main St.) on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. for a bowl of good soup. HEAT is hosting its annual fundraiser to support people in need to heat their homes. Go here for more details on the event.
4. Do you have a lot on your mind? Share your thoughts with the community by blogging on Attleboro Patch. Go here to get started.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for a chance (60 percent) of rain and snow showers before 9 a.m., followed by just rain. Otherwise it is expected to be cloudy with a high near 47 and a west wind traveling about 5 mph. At night, rain and snow are likely (70 percent chance). The forecast also includes patchy fog from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., cloudy skies, a low near 32 and a northeast wind traveling 6 mph to 8 mph.