2nd Public Hearing Tonight on 80-Unit Condo
Here's a look at what's happening in Attleboro.
1. A second public hearing will take place tonight on the proposal to build a mixed-use development, including 80 residential units and 6,615 square feet of retail, at the corner of Wall and South Main streets. This session will take place before the Zoning Board of Appeals at City Hall at 6:30 p.m.
The first hearing took place March 4 before the Planning Board. Nobody spoke at the hearing who was not directly connected to the project. The project is proposed by a private developer on land currently owned by the Attleboro Redevelopment Authority.
2. School district superintendent candidate Kenneth Sheehan will be interviewed in public by the school committee at 7 p.m. in Attleboro High's Room 178E. The other candidate, Anthony Azar, was interviewed last week.
3. The Willett Elementary School PTO will meet at the school at 7 p.m. at the school. All Willett parents are invited to attend.
4. Are you chatty? Why don't you try chatting in written form with lots of people? Blog on Attleboro Patch. Go here to get started.
5. The National Weather Service's daytime forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies, a west wind traveling 6 mph to 14 mph with gusts up to 24 mph and a high near 39. At night, it is expected to be mostly cloudy with a low near 19.