AHS Art Students Honored by Boston Globe
Last Monday, five Attleboro High School students were recognized as The Boston Globe Scholastic Art Award winners. Three of these five talented students, whose works were judged as being among the best artwork produced by high school students in the state of Massachusetts, will have their work displayed at The Gold Key and Silver Key Art Exhibit at the State Transportation Building in Boston.
The winners were:
- Senior Alexa Gustafson, "Komorebi," Digital Art, Gold Key
- Senior Kyle Halben, "Beach," Digital Art, Gold Key
- Sophomore Alexandria Cruz, "Frostbite," Ceramics, Silver Key
- Junior Julia Lubiner, "Floral Sky Cycle," Drawing, Honorable Mention
- Senior Danielle Sharples, "Skull Still Life," Painting, Honorable Mention
The Gold Key winners will move on to the regional competition.
The talent of these young people is remarkable; the leadership and guidance of their teachers has fostered a mindset of excellence in our Arts Program. We are very proud!
The State Transportation Building is located at 10 Park Plaza in Boston. The artwork can be viewed from Feb. 11 to April 19. The hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.